Mel's Musings

Mel's Musings

THE SITE THAT "MEL GIBSON" DIDN'T WANT YOU TO SEE

"With anti-Christian sentiment on the rise in North America and abroad, the launch of this new bog [sic] couldn’t have been timelier...If you’re a discouraged Christian worried about the future, a visit to www.melgibsonsblog.blogspot.com is like an elixir and sends you on your way with newfound hope."
Judi McLeod, Owner, Canada Free Press

"[The site] is filled with anti-Semitic comments and other outrageous statements, much of them in Latin."
Left-wing rag Newsmax.com

"[I]t made me snarf my cran juice all over the screen."
Antonia Zerbisias, Media Critic, The Toronto Star

"Catch it while you can..." Newsweek



the mel box: malibu church of the holy family at yahoo dot com





satIRE

...get it?


Thursday, January 19, 2006

Mel Gibson. Playboy Interview. 1995.

(h/t Orcinus)



PLAYBOY: What does he [Hutton Gibson] have to do with the Alliance for Catholic Tradition, which one magazine called "an extreme conservative Catholic splinter group"?

GIBSON: He started it. Some people say it's extreme, but it emphasizes what the institution was and where it's going. Everything he was taught to believe was taken from him in the Sixties with this renewal Vatican Council. The whole institution became unrecognizable to him, so he writes about it.

.........

PLAYBOY: Do you believe in Darwin's theory of evolution or that God created man in his image?

GIBSON: The latter.

PLAYBOY: So you can't accept that we descended from monkeys and apes?

GIBSON: No, I think it's bullshit. If it isn't, why are they still around? How come apes aren't people yet? It's a nice theory, but I can't swallow it. There's a big credibility gap. The carbon dating thing that tells you how long something's been around, how accurate is that, really? I've got one of Darwin's books at home and some of that stuff is pretty damn funny. Some of his stuff is true, like that the giraffe has a long neck so it can reach the leaves. But I just don't think you can swallow the whole piece.

PLAYBOY: We take it that you're not particularly broad-minded when it comes to issues such as celibacy, abortion, birth control --

GIBSON: People always focus on stuff like that. Those aren't issues. Those are unquestionable. You don't even argue those points.

PLAYBOY: You don't?

GIBSON: No.

PLAYBOY: What about allowing women to be priests?

GIBSON: No.

PLAYBOY: Why not?

GIBSON: I'll get kicked around for saying it, but men and women are just different. They're not equal. The same way that you and I are not equal.

PLAYBOY: That's true. You have more money.

GIBSON: You might be more intelligent, or you might have a bigger dick. Whatever it is, nobody's equal. And men and women are not equal. I have tremendous respect for women. I love them. I don't know why they want to step down. Women in my family are the center of things. An good things emanate from them. The guys usually mess up.

PLAYBOY: That's quite a generalization.

GIBSON: Women are just different. Their sensibilities are different.

PLAYBOY: Any examples?

GIBSON: I had a female business partner once. Didn't work.

PLAYBOY: Why not?

GIBSON: She was a cunt.

PLAYBOY: And the feminists dare to put you down!

GIBSON: Feminists don't like me, and I don't like them. I don't get their point. I don't know why feminists have it out for me, but that's their problem, not mine.

.................

PLAYBOY: How do you feel about Bill Clinton?

GIBSON: He's a low-level opportunist. Somebody's telling him what to do.

PLAYBOY: Who?

GIBSON: The guy who's in charge isn't going to be the front man, ever. If I were going to be calling the shots I wouldn't make an appearance. Would you? You'd end up losing your head. It happens all the time. All those monarchs. Ifhe's the leader, he's getting shafted. What's keeping him in there? Why would you stay for that kind of abuse? Except that he has to stay for some reason. He was meant to be the president 30 years ago, if you ask me.

PLAYBOY: He was just 18 then.

GIBSON: Somebody knew then that he would be president now.

PLAYBOY: You really believe that?

GIBSON: I really believe that. He was a Rhodes scholar, right? Just like Bob Hawke. Do you know what a Rhodes scholar is? Cecil Rhodes established the Rhodes scholarship for those young men and women who want to strive for a new world order. Have you heard that before? George Bush? CIA? Really, it's Marxism, but it just doesn't want to call itself that. Karl had the right idea, but he was too forward about saying what it was. Get power but don't admit to it. Do it by stealth. There's a whole trend of Rhodes scholars who will be politicians around the world.

PLAYBOY: This certainly sounds like a paranoid sense of world history. You must be quite an assassination buff.

GIBSON: Oh, fuck. A lot of those guys pulled a boner. There's something to do with the Federal Reserve that Lincoln did, Kennedy did and Reagan tried. I can't remember what it was, my dad told me about it. Everyone who did this particular thing that would have fixed the economy got undone. Anyway, I'll end up dead if I keep talking shit.

16 Comments:

Blogger Gyrobo said...

It would seem I've found a formidable adversary. Speaketh, fiend!

I win automatically. I'll take my winnings and return to my palace on the moon for a rousing game of Pong.

Checkmate.

6:28 PM  
Blogger GreyGuy said...

Good grief! A little too much sacramental wine and incense if you ask me. Kinda funny to see a guy so extreme that even Playboy chides him on his attitudes towards women.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered fighting for your country...i mean i don't think Osama would be so gentle as a lawsuit.

IMMHO... my Lord Phony Mel... this truce idea is a true Braveheart movement and you may do well to use the freedom of expression 'RIGHT' and take the OBL challenge.

Oh sorry...this would be a Canadian approach... it may not apply.

4:37 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

it is amazing to me that he doesn't recognise your blog as his kinder, gentler, SANER self.

Or maybe he does and that gets up his nose in a big way.

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely you are not suggesting that the "I want to be the next IMAM" Osama bin Caveman, is less worthy of the full measure of American expression.

I hear he is into book reviews..are blogs next?

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The impertinence of that Playboy inquisitor! I can very well understand why the righteous Mel would have to engage in such ungodly profanity. Such heresy pushes one beyond the boundaries of gentle, saintly decorum.

Believe you me, I know.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

I like the new format, Mel -- letting Other Mel hang himself with his own words. Keep it up.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fake Mel,

I know very little about the law and came up with a handful of reasons your site could be shut down. They have nothing to do with parody or satire. It's a bit naive of you to assume you are fully protected by the first amendment. It's also naive of you to assume you can take on Mel and his lawyers. Well, maybe not. I suppose you could have done this same thing with other celebrities and I suppose you might have been through the law side of this before I don't know. Somehow I doubt it.

I'd say good luck to you but really I don't care about what happens to you. I really doubt this site will be up for much longer. But hey, have fun while you can.

It's sad really I have no idea what the liberals actually stand for because of dumbasses like you who clearly represent the left but aren't actually doing anything other than of course, making an ass of yourself.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous said, more in sorrow than in anger: I have no idea what the liberals actually stand for...

A country where it's possible to stand up for fundamental rights to free speech against Mel Gibson's lawyers, maybe? That's my bet.

Among other things, of course, like democracy and due process of law and fair trials and a non-Third World economy and a bunch of other dumbass liberal things like that. Dreamers, the lot of them. Me, I'd settle for a conservative -- just one -- who actually wasn't talking out of his or her ass when trying to identify what "clearly represents the left."

6:45 PM  
Blogger Cheney08 said...

Anonymous, are you talking about judeo-secularist Canadians?

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A country where it's possible to stand up for fundamental rights to free speech against Mel Gibson's lawyers, maybe? That's my bet."

Hillarious!! Okay so the fake Mel, did all this so he could stand up to the real Mel's lawyers. uh huh....

Hey is that a liberal thing? there is no problem so you create one?

"Among other things, of course, like democracy and due process of law and fair trials and a non-Third World economy and a bunch of other dumbass liberal things like that. Dreamers, the lot of them." <--- I get answers like this all the time what I'd like hear about is the How factor. What are the proposed plans on how to achieve those things?

and how does starting fake blogs and hiding behind a stolen identity achieve these things?

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A country where it's possible to stand up for fundamental rights to free speech against Mel Gibson's lawyers, maybe? That's my bet."

Hillarious!! Okay so the fake Mel, did all this so he could stand up to the real Mel's lawyers. uh huh....

Hey is that a liberal thing? there is no problem so you create one?

"Among other things, of course, like democracy and due process of law and fair trials and a non-Third World economy and a bunch of other dumbass liberal things like that. Dreamers, the lot of them." <--- I get answers like this all the time what I'd like hear about is the How factor. What are the proposed plans on how to achieve those things?

and how does starting fake blogs and hiding behind a stolen identity achieve these things?

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A country where it's possible to stand up for fundamental rights to free speech against Mel Gibson's lawyers, maybe? That's my bet."

Hillarious!! Okay so the fake Mel, did all this so he could stand up to the real Mel's lawyers. uh huh....

Hey is that a liberal thing? there is no problem so you create one?

"Among other things, of course, like democracy and due process of law and fair trials and a non-Third World economy and a bunch of other dumbass liberal things like that. Dreamers, the lot of them." <--- I get answers like this all the time what I'd like hear about is the How factor. What are the proposed plans on how to achieve those things?

and how does starting fake blogs and hiding behind a stolen identity achieve these things?

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry...my lord Mel Longshanks or messengers thereof.

I made a typo in my earlier post. It was meant to say Braveheart "moment" rather than movement (one of several moments in speech i'm not proud of but i own and i'll do my best to learn from none-the-less)

IMHO.. We Canadian's across the board do the "brotherhood sea to shining sea" thing, the "stand on guard for thee" thing and of course there is the "Canadian Air Farce" (what we call political satire)) thing.

Somehow we manage to sort it out and put it all together.

But alas, I'm referring to Canadian or NORTH American values, Longshanks.

Regrettably, it may be the shared use, sense of and respect for "values" which may be a problem here.

I beg your pardon my lord.
Thank you for letting me share.

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Another disappointment. Mel Giblson dives off the high board into a dry pool. What a moron.

Ted

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got something to say about this site. It's like a cure, and yet, you have to read it really slow. Try it now - don't stop until you read it all --- surprises at the end for the faithful! www.resurrectionpower.com/page789.htm

Peace, bro!

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home