Mel's Musings

Mel's Musings

THE SITE THAT "MEL GIBSON" DIDN'T WANT YOU TO SEE

"With anti-Christian sentiment on the rise in North America and abroad, the launch of this new bog [sic] couldn’t have been timelier...If you’re a discouraged Christian worried about the future, a visit to www.melgibsonsblog.blogspot.com is like an elixir and sends you on your way with newfound hope."
Judi McLeod, Owner, Canada Free Press

"[The site] is filled with anti-Semitic comments and other outrageous statements, much of them in Latin."
Left-wing rag Newsmax.com

"[I]t made me snarf my cran juice all over the screen."
Antonia Zerbisias, Media Critic, The Toronto Star

"Catch it while you can..." Newsweek



the mel box: malibu church of the holy family at yahoo dot com





satIRE

...get it?


Friday, January 20, 2006

A letter to "Mel's Attorneys"


Mr. Hedges,


I have received your request regarding the site http://www.melgibsonsblog.blogspot.com. I am quite surprised that you wish me to shut down the site. It is my understanding that the First Amendment to the US Constitution protects my obviously satirical writing about the views of a public figure such as Mel Gibson. I would think this is especially so in light of the fact that Mr. Gibson is being urged by many conservatives to run against Arnold Schwarzenegger for Governor of California this year. Could you please let me know more specifically the California and Ohio laws and court decisions which support your claim that the site is unlawful?



The Attorneys have not yet responded.

10 Comments:

Blogger SamuelAlito said...

Mel:

Don't you worry one bit. You let those lawyers do their damnest. You just keep on fighting.

Maybe you'll even take your case all the way to the Supreme Court.

I'll be there for you.

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mnhnnnnnngrhauhn

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The problem is not what you say, you can say whatever you want. It's the way you say it : using his name and his image. So, yes, sure, choose a lawyer, and a good one.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fake Mel,I hope you know the difference between Defamation versas Parody?If you don't,or think you do, you will find out soon enough!
Also i hope that you've got 'deep pockets'.You will need it before, during and after the law-suit
Remember fake Mel,it is the guy with the deepest pockets that has the best chance of winning.Considering you've got a donation box on your web page, I'd say the real Mel has the deepest pockets.I hope for all the very best for you in the future, but it doesn't look good for you.
If I were a betting man, I'd put my a hefty som of money on the
real Mel to win this one!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fake Mel,I hope you know the difference between Defamation versas Parody?If you don't,or think you do, you will find out soon enough!
Also i hope that you've got 'deep pockets'.You will need it before, during and after the law-suit
Remember fake Mel,it is the guy with the deepest pockets that has the best chance of winning.Considering you've got a donation box on your web page, I'd say the real Mel has the deepest pockets.I hope for all the very best for you in the future, but it doesn't look good for you.
If I were a betting man, I'd put my a hefty som of money on the
real Mel to win this one!

7:28 AM  
Blogger GreyGuy said...

If that last "anonymous x 2" were so certain they knew what they were talking about, they probably would have had the courage to leave a URL or at least a name.

12:24 PM  
Blogger tomax7 said...

...you mean this isn't the "real Mel"? Oh my gosh, I've been worshipping the wrong dude.

;-)

1:16 PM  
Blogger tomax7 said...

hey ban barber...

I miss Hungarian sausage. Last time I was in Budapest was back in the 70's...good to see the people free now!

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol!

The responses are as funny as the post itself. my money's on you Mel, they cant shut ya down.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got something to say about this site. It's like a cure, and yet, you have to read it really slow. Try it now - don't stop until you read it all --- surprises at the end for the faithful! www.resurrectionpower.com/page789.htm

Peace, bro!

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home