Mel's Musings

Mel's Musings

THE SITE THAT "MEL GIBSON" DIDN'T WANT YOU TO SEE

"With anti-Christian sentiment on the rise in North America and abroad, the launch of this new bog [sic] couldn’t have been timelier...If you’re a discouraged Christian worried about the future, a visit to www.melgibsonsblog.blogspot.com is like an elixir and sends you on your way with newfound hope."
Judi McLeod, Owner, Canada Free Press

"[The site] is filled with anti-Semitic comments and other outrageous statements, much of them in Latin."
Left-wing rag Newsmax.com

"[I]t made me snarf my cran juice all over the screen."
Antonia Zerbisias, Media Critic, The Toronto Star

"Catch it while you can..." Newsweek



the mel box: malibu church of the holy family at yahoo dot com





satIRE

...get it?


Friday, January 06, 2006

True Compassion

The discussion threads are becoming lively! Some apparently have taken issue with me saying that a minimum wage increase is not the way to go about being compassionate. But Christ's compassion was accomplished through private actions, not at the behest of the state. Here is a recent example of my own compassion.





Mel Gibson Donates Pyramids to Mexico

Mel Gibson came to Mexico to learn about and film Mayan history. In gratitude, he’s decided to leave a little something behind.

Gibson will donate the sets from his movie, "Apocalypto,” when he is done filming in Veracruz, Mexico. The sets include six replicas of Mayan pyramids and several movie-set villages, according to the BBC.






Mexican President Vicente Fox, gratefully accepting my generous donation of pyramids



Which do you think Mexicans would appreciate more, an increase in the minimum wage, or some beatiful pyramids and mock Mayan villages?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, an increase in Pesos.

So, as very lapsed almost Catholic (Father Mac didn't like questions during Catechism so he booted me out), how do you say "Fuck you" in latin???

10:32 PM  
Blogger Cheney08 said...

Anonymous,

There are many questions that the "Official" church does not like. That is why I have left it (or it has left me). Nice to see you have come here.

But as for your question, I'm not sure if there is an exact translation.

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the kind words. I guess I'll just have to communicate with Father Mac the old fashioned way ...

Do you ever sleep??

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the mexican people would enjoy a wage increase. How does fake pyramids help anyone that isn't on a movie set? I'm sure Jesus would want people to make a decent wage and would not approve of people bragging about donations they have made. -jake

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home