Mel's Musings

Mel's Musings

THE SITE THAT "MEL GIBSON" DIDN'T WANT YOU TO SEE

"With anti-Christian sentiment on the rise in North America and abroad, the launch of this new bog [sic] couldn’t have been timelier...If you’re a discouraged Christian worried about the future, a visit to www.melgibsonsblog.blogspot.com is like an elixir and sends you on your way with newfound hope."
Judi McLeod, Owner, Canada Free Press

"[The site] is filled with anti-Semitic comments and other outrageous statements, much of them in Latin."
Left-wing rag Newsmax.com

"[I]t made me snarf my cran juice all over the screen."
Antonia Zerbisias, Media Critic, The Toronto Star

"Catch it while you can..." Newsweek



the mel box: malibu church of the holy family at yahoo dot com





satIRE

...get it?


Thursday, January 12, 2006

Pat Robertson ad Infernum

Well, I am very rarely wrong, but I will admit that I was dead wrong in the case of Pat Robertson. You may recall that recently, I have praised the Rev. Pat Robertson's courage for standing up to the judeo-secularists who have taken over Israel the last couple of years. He did not hesistate to diagnose, accurately, Ariel Sharon's recent stroke as having directly resulted from Israel's withdrawal of troops from the West Bank and Gaza. Well, as it turns out, Robertson has now prostrated himself before these same judeo-secularists.


(CBS/AP) Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson has sent a letter apologizing for suggesting that Ariel Sharon's massive stroke was divine punishment for pulling Israel out of the Gaza Strip.


Pat Robertson has stepped out of God's grace and locked arms with the judeo-secularists who want to divide His land. Do not be surpised if God smites him with a medical malady within the next decade or two. Perhaps a fatal one.

10 Comments:

Anonymous christiantx said...

Well, I think you are being a little tough on Pat. he migh be wrong this time but he usualy gets it right.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Robot Buddha said...

I think the traditional Scripture- based punishment visited on a man for such dissembling was shingles. Or was it piles? Regardless, it was unpleasant.

3:44 AM  
Blogger Nicholas Gray said...

I have to admit, I am quite impressed that you were able to fool so many people, I don't know how you were able to do it but you did.
However, don't you think that is was a little cruel to lead people on like that? They put their trust in you. I thought Liberals were the "compassionate" ones who cared about people. But I think this was just cruel.

8:29 AM  
Blogger okielady said...

As to Pat Robinson, a man of God,
He is also human with human responses. It would be wonderful to find a man with the ability to never make a mistake or say an improper thing but , hey, that would be Jesus wouldnt it? and He has already come and gave his life so that we might become his and strive to be the best we can in this imperfect world. Remember God created this world and all that is in it. HE knows us, that is why he sent His Son. We all need to be careful that we put no man or woman on a pedestal... to high... be it Pat or Mel or whoever has choose to use this blog site. Hopefully all these words and comments that we put on here will benefit someone for Christ Glory, not ours .
Okie Lady

9:14 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Glad to know you were impressed by my cruelty, Nicholas.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Nicholas Gray said...

You know that is not what I meant. You have got people on wikipedia to believe this is true along with "the canadian press" that is impressive. what you have done to some of the readers is not. Some of the readers are inocent people, wikipedia and "the candian press" have a better ability to check facts, to do research. They don't have an excuse.

if the readers didn't buy this I would say that this was a good thing.

it shows that the "media" can't allways be trusted, wether it is liberal media or conservative.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

robot buddha: if I remember my Scriptures (Mel? Some help here?) it was shingle-infested piles.

Nicholas, all this talk about not trusting the media -- stop it right now.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Nicholas Gray said...

I have obviously crossed the line here some how, and for that I am sorry, I have come into your house and said things against you personally, once again I am sorry.

You have the right to do this, this will be my last comment.

But I am a little cofused, out of all the things I said why was it that my comment about the media was the one that got people mad?

12:11 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

You are both wrong. It was in fact syphillis.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous General Colon Polyp said...

It's a shame Pat's apology didn't clinch the deal on the new Jayzus Theme Park.

It's true what they say I suppose... some days you loses... some days you wins...

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home